Sunday, October 17, 2010

Round Crochet Coasters Pattern

OK, here it is! My very first published crochet pattern! It's nothing spectacular - just a simple, round coaster.


Any worsted weight yarn
I hook (5.5 mm)
Large Eye Needle

Round 1: Ch 3 (counts as first DC), 11 DC in 3rd ch from hook. Join with sl st to top of ch 3. (12 DC)

Round 2: Ch 2 (counts as first DC), DC in same stitch, 2 DC in each stitch around. Join with sl st to top of Ch 2. (24 DC)

Round 3: Ch 2 (counts of first DC), DC in same stitch, DC in next stitch, *2 DC in next stitch, DC in next stitch* around. Join with sl st to top of Ch 2. Fasten off and weave in ends.

Easy Peasy! :) Experiment with different yarns! The possibilities are endless!

This is an untested pattern! If you notice any typos, or if something doesn't make sense, please leave a comment below and I will fix it! Thanks so much!!!


gretchen bozenhard said...

love the pattern but you don't tell how long to make the beginning chain

Caprice Creations said...

Thanks, Gretchen. In round one, you CH 3 to start and use your first chain as the center of the circle. Hope that makes sense.

Joy said...

Thanks for the pattern. I found it on crochet central. I'm using it for the start of a felted bowl i'm making. :)

Toyin O. said...

Those look nice, thanks for sharing.

Keya352 said...

please please please tell us how to take this into a place mat! this is about the only patter that didnt ruffle please please tell me ! thankyou for your pattern I so appreciate it!

Keya352 said...

can you please put in this pattern to include how to make it a placemat I love this it didnt ruffle thanks so much for sharing!!

Christine Parker said...

Cute pattern! I just made one to use under my big coffee mug at work. It was a little small so I added a fourth round of single crochet alternating 1sc and 2sc every other stitch. It's perfect! Thanks :)