Friday, June 29, 2012

Fourth of July Door Wreath Tutorial

MATERIALS:
  • 1 brass ring (I used a 14" ring)
  • 3 yards nylon netting (I used 1 yard of each color-red, white, and blue)
  • 34 feet of curling ribbon (I used a metallic ribbon to add a little sparkle)
DIRECTIONS:

  1. Cut your nylon netting into 6 inch squares.
  2. Cut your curling ribbon into 12 inch lengths.
  3. Tie netting and ribbon onto brass ring until full.
  4. Add a hangar of your choice (I used a leftover strip of netting).
Simple as that - You're done!

PROJECT NOTES:
  • Tulle may be used instead of netting, but since my wreath was going outside, I thought the netting would hold up better.  You could also use ribbons, fabric, bandanas, etc.
  • Before tying netting to brass ring, I folded it in half three times so that I had a 6 inch x .5 inch strip to work with.  You can then fluff the ends after you tie it to the ring. 
  • This whole project cost less than $15!  And if I had planned ahead, I could have gotten my materials on sale making it even cheaper!
I'd love to see your creations so please leave me a link!

No comments: